Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend: Stepping Into Stepmom-Dom


This past weekend was (obviously) Easter.  We had the BEST weekend – with J’s little son in town and my parents less than an hour away, we made the most out of this family weekend!  J picked up Little Man (LM) on Thursday evening, per the usual visitation schedule.  I worked all day Friday while my boys stayed home and enjoyed playing at the park, running around the house, and enjoying the beautiful sunny weather in the backyard!  When I came home Friday night, I’ll admit – I was EXHAUSTED!  However, this sweet little munchkin climbed right up in my lap and that was it.  We snuggled while sweet J cooked dinner (it was breakfast for dinner – YUM! One of my favorites!).  LM even “read a book” to me. 
 
LM reading me a book and snuggling
Unfortunately, much later that night, LM woke up crying with a horribly runny nose and saying his throat hurt.  After much fighting, we were able to get him some medicine to make him feel better…he FINALLY was able to go to sleep around midnight.

Saturday, everyone woke up in much better spirits.  We played hard inside the house and in the backyard.  We ran a few errands, and then we headed down to my parents for the afternoon (and an amazing dinner!).  LM was into EVERYTHING at GiGi and Grandad’s house.  He LOVES their cats (although the cats don’t quite love him).   GiGi (my mom) got Thomas a new book for Easter (Dr. Seuss’ “I Wish That I Had Duck Feet – adorable book, by the way if you have children).  He had three different people read him the book within an hour!  He even “helped” my dad grill – so adorable!  He passed out on the way back home, but he loved every minute at Grandad and GiGi’s – he especially loved seeing his Aunt T (my sister).
GiGi reading to LM and Aunt T
LM helping Grandad grill!
Sunday was Easter – and what a gorgeous GLORIOUS day it was!  We were able to get a now fairly sick LM to church on time with little fuss.  He was a bit hesitant to go to Sunday school, but with a few pushes he was in and playing around in no time.  We went to my grandparent’s for Easter brunch.  LM was so sweet and he LOVED all the people in the retirement community.  He was certainly Mr. Greeting Committee – despite the fact it was his first visit there!!!  We got plenty of family photos, as everyone was looking quite dapper!  
With my sweet boys on Easter!
We went back to my parent’s house where we were able to get in some more quality time before having to take LM back to his mom.  LM got his second wind while we were there, which resulted in some hilarious comments and antics from him - good, clean family fun!

He was so incredible well behaved despite the fact he was either doped up on Dimetap or not feeling well.  I was SO proud of him!  Lesson Learned: Kids are resilient! They truly are! I cannot wait to have sweet LM back again in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment